Part 1 of a 3 part series
Before beginning to discuss Project Management, it is important to understand Artificial Intelligence. AI is an art of science, which encompasses machine learning and intelligent decision-making capabilities to design any product or resolve any complex issues. AI can be used effectively to foresee possible solutions for a given problem, using a technique called Predictive Modeling.
Currently, AI is revolutionizing many industries to streamline and automate mundane tasks. This improves efficiency, increases the quality of various tasks, and reduces redundancy. In the future, AI will surpass human contributions in the workforce, by taking over jobs that were once performed by people. For example, occupations such as Tele Sales Agents and Banking Tellers can be performed by AI. This threat is now prevalent across all the industries, including Project Management professionals. As an expert, I have described the possibilities on how we can empower AI to be a positive driver and be a successful Project Management Professional.
“Thathasthu – So Be It – Let us embrace ourselves now to AI”
In addition, this article will provide Project Management Professionals with additional techniques in calculating RISKS and Streamlined Estimation Techniques, using appropriate predictive modeling to determine whether the project is progressing in the right path for success.
As per recent statistics, 39% of workers use AI, and by 2020 workers and professionals are claiming that their way of performing a job will change due to AI penetration. Similarly, some repetitive tasks can be performed by an AI Robot (Chat Bot, decision making), using a predictive algorithm or other related technology.
Furthermore, we can discuss in detail how to become more AI oriented for Project Management, using proper tools and methodologies. It is very important that we should still apply the fundamentals of the Project Management techniques to come up with a timeline and drive the project to success.
In Part 2 of my article, we will discuss the key areas of Project Management and how AI can be our ally to successfully manage and deliver projects:
……. AI Transformation continues …….
Tell me your thoughts in the comments and let’s open a dialog. I would be excited to hear other opinions on this topic.
|Consider joining our LinkedIn Group to continue this conversation as well - CLICK HERE|
|We hope you will consider joining our Facebook Community as well. Click on the image to your left to visit and join, or you can CLICK HERE|
Reading this article qualifies you to submit a request for PDU’s from PMI.
This Article qualifies as follows:
PDU AMOUNT: .25 PDU’s
For more information on registering your PDU’s with PMI – CLICK HERE
At Project Management for Today, we encourage conversation; agree with us or disagree with us, it’s all still knowledge, and we are here to share knowledge. Take a moment to add to the conversation by leaving a comment. It’s an opportunity to engage in the conversation!
If you believe in what we are doing, take a minute to share our articles on your social networks such as LinkedIn and other sites. Use the buttons on the left side of the page.
This article features content from a “Contributing Author” to the Project Management for Today Community. This content is published on this site with the author’s explicit permission. As with all articles on this site, this article is protected by copyright. If you are interested in becoming a Contributing Author to this site, you can learn more by reading the information HERE
Sridhar has been associated with the IT industry for the past 20+ years with a prime focus in:
• Project and Portfolio Program Management: Expert at delivering large-scale projects within the allotted budget and period while mitigating risks in collaboration with teams of project, sustainment and service leaders, coordinators, and technicians
• Strategic Planning and Implementation: Adept at creating and implementing strategies to increase project agility, optimize operational efficiency, and substantially reduce cost
• Business Consulting: Equipped with the ability to provide professional consulting to various clients based on their needs• Customer Relationship Management: Effective at establishing and maintaining strong relationships with business and IT stakeholders, covering the entire commercial, risk, and opportunity development aspects of the services provided
• Interpersonal Coordination and Team Building: Efficient at serving as an escalation point for the customer, while working with service managers from outsourcing service lines based on SLAs and client expectations; as well as serving as vice president of memberships at ABPMP, Toronto Chapter and board member of IPMA Canada
• PMO: Instrumental in establishing PMO for Financial and Insurance clients to adapt PMO Process and procedures to the customer. As part of the PMO built a center of excellence to manage various PM & Portfolio standard and manage both onshore and offshore clients.
Articles by Sridhar Kethandapatti - CLICK HERE